Friday, September 7, 2012

Jeff Howe Fiasco

So here's how it went down, Jeff Howe reports that the team "would prefer for Waters to play for Veteran's Minimum." There was no mention of any sources and just used that line. Didn't say anything about if they have approached him or anything. Like yeah, no shit buddy, of course they WANT him to play for less, but they WANT everyone to play for less. Then he goes on to say, he could just report and then get cut, which would be a bad way for him to go out. Ummm is there any chance he gets cut and doesn't land with another team? He was in the fucking Pro Bowl last year, someone will pick him up. Hasn't that been his goal all along so he can stay in Dallas? So I, of course, being a headstrong, intelligent person that doesn't just read something and instantly believe it, I questioned him. Asked him if he had sources that said the team went to Waters with this, or of it was just speculation, as the article made it seem. He retorted, "It's true. I wrote it." Which is a very defensive answer and doesn't even answer the question, so I asked again if they actually went to Waters, or just WANTED him to play for less. At this point, I went into smartass mode because he wasn't responding and said BREAKING NEWS: Jeff Howe reports Pats wish players would play for less. To which, he got sensitive and blocked me. If you read his report, I still don't see anywhere in there that says specifically they went to him and are really set on him doing this. It came off to me as a negotiation tactic. Waters agent wants to get people on his side, so tells about one of the offers Pats made. I'm sure the Waters camp is making 5 million dollar offers, you just aren't hearing about it. I still think this is gonna take 2-2.5 mil to get Waters back.

No comments:

Post a Comment